I (Or My Loved One) Has Just Been Bitten
It is possible you may have just had an argument with the owner of the dog, as everyone involved is upset and emotional. Stay calm, stay away from the dog owner for now, and follow the following steps.
- Visit your GP or nearest hospital to have the bite cleaned and assessed.
- Take ample photographs and video footage of the bite and scene of the bite.
- Take written statements from everyone who witnessed the incident asap.
- Remember everyone is likely to be traumatised immediately after the event. Do not make any rash decisions such as rehoming your own dog or confronting the dog owner.
- Contact a dog behaviourist for their advice
- Contact a human councilor to speak with to help you process the incident and help to minimise the development of any phobia